Hopefully this answers some of your questions the STS-InfluxDB service. If you have any others, let us know.
- Who are you guys?
- How is your InfluxDB service different?
- Where can I find documentation and more information?
- How do I set up my database?
- How do I connect on FRED?
- What InfluxDb features are not available on the STS-MQTT service?
Q. Who are you guys?
We are Sense Tecnic, a commercial IoT solutions provider. We’ve been working with Node-RED for a while, and created the cloud-hosted FRED service. We focus on easy to use IoT services for small to medium sized businesses and systems integrators. We built the STS-InfluxDB service to support FRED users who need time series data storage.
Q. How is your InfluxDB service different?
Our shared InfluxDB service has a few unique features:
- Easy to use management interface for databases, database users and privileges.
- Simple way to manage credentials for database access.
- Easy to use query tool to quickly query your stored data.
- Tight integration with our FRED cloud-hosted Node-RED service.
- We focus on providing support for small to medium sized companies looking for easy to use IoT solutions.
Q. Where can I find documentation and more information?
Q. How do I set up my database?
Q. How do I connect to my database from FRED?
After creating a database, and a database user with a password using the STS-InfluxDb management interface, use the [InfluxDB node as described here on FRED to connect your flow to your database. Ensure you enter the correct database and database user credentials (not your STS service user credentials).
Q. What InfluxDb features are not available on the STS-MQTT service?
- retention policies
- continuous queries
- You should also take a look at the query page.
Q. What are the limits for the service?
Currently the InfluxDB service is available to the FRED Grande and FRED Venti plan subscribers.