The FRED Desktop main window consists of a navigation bar and main pane as shown below
- Flow Editor - Node-RED edit pane and console display that appears on startup.
- Dashboard - Node-RED Dashboard ui node display. Note that if you have no dashboard nodes in your flows, this will appear empty.
- Status - manage persistent message storage in your MQTT connections.
- Cookbook - show list of available flow recipes to get you started creating flows.
- Settings - FRED Desktop settings configuration.
- Documentation - display this documentation.
- Contact - how to contact Sense Tecnic for support
You can collapse the navigation pane by clicking on the arrows in the bottom right of the sidebar.
The FRED Desktop is strongly dependent on Node-RED and so displays two version numbers in the bottom left of the main window. The first version number is the FRED Desktop Version, the second is the Node RED version it depends on.
Note: When either FRED Desktop or Node-RED functionality or fixes are made the Desktop version will be bumped.
Next: Flow Editor