- How do I get FRED Desktop?
- How is FRED Desktop different from Node-RED?
- How does it work?
- How many copies of FRED Desktop can I use?
Q. How do I get FRED Desktop?
Q. How is it different from Node-RED?
FRED Desktop bundles Node-RED with additional features for ease of use, setup and configuration, and full support from Sense Tecnic Systems for popular desktop operating systems: - Windows, Mac OS and Ubuntu. These features currently include:
- simple installation using platform-specific installers
- integrated console output in the UI - no need to open a terminal window to see Node-RED console output.
- status page to view the status of all nodes in your flows
- bundled MQTT nodes that persist outgoing messages if internet connectivity is lost, or FRED Desktop restarts.
- Integrated cookbook to install and test sample flows.
- easy access to dashboards created using Node-RED.
- professional support from Sense Tecnic Systems.
Q. How does it work?
Q. How many copies can I run?
FRED Desktop is managed using the STS Manager Service. Depending on your paid FRED subscription service you can install FRED Desktop on 1 or more desktop PCs.
Note that free FRED Short plan users cannot install FRED Desktop. For more information on installation see the documentation.